Thursday, April 24, 2014

Things to do in Barili, Cebu: Mantayupan Falls and Sta. Ana Church


Let's take a break from all my outfit posts, shall we? HAHA.

Basically, the Philippines is known for it's fine and pristine beaches. What others do not know is there are a lot more beautiful places our country could really boast about. I didn't have to go far to just experience that. I can find so much here in my hometown alone.

My brothers flew in from Manila after their school year ended. So when they arrived, my family and I journeyed all the way to the south of Cebu for our wild and random road trip. It was so random that we didn't have any itinerary of the places we would go or the things we would do, which was kind of exciting. 

After an hour and a half of driving from Cebu City, we arrived in the small and quiet town of Barili.
My mom suggested we go to Mantayupan Falls, which she visited as a child.


Upon getting out of the car, I felt this sense of nostalgia when I  heard the sound of chirping birds and the water falling of the rocks. The place was just so serene and out of this world.


We passed all sorts of rock formation as we headed towards the falls.




There were three small falls before reaching the big one.


When we got there, we were in complete unutterable awe of the beauty of nature. 
Here's my brother giving my mom a "thank-you" hug because words just escaped him upon beholding this magnificent place.

After we took souvenir photos of the waterfalls, we proceeded to the Sta. Anna Church which was located in Barili's Town Proper.



The Sta. Ana Church is the masterpiece of the people of Barili. It experienced a lot of life-changing events through the ages.The literature, which was provided for tourists, vividly discussed how the church was burned, bombed and rebuilt into the structure seen today.   


The place gave me that rich historic feel of what it was like to live in the old days.

Definitely, Barili is a place to go to when you find yourself in Cebu.

More of my south side travels in my upcoming posts!

Cheers and YOLO responsibly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment