Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Visita Iglesia 2014


The Visita Iglesia (Church Visitations) is one of the many traditions observed by Catholics during the Lenten Season.
Basically, you just have to visit 7 churches and pray in each of them.
It's just that simple.

This year's practice of the Visita Iglesia was different for me. 
Instead of the usual routine of praying and then just leaving, I took pictures of the churches my family and I visited. 

Here are the 7 churches my family and I visited:


Adoration Chapel of Divine Peace
Barangay Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu














Chapel of Holy Relics, Tabor Hills
 Talamban, Cebu City 




Mary Coredemptrix Church
Talamban, Cebu City


San Isidro Labrador Parish
Talamban, Cebu City


Holy Family Parish
Maguikay, Mandaue City


San Roque Parish
Subangdaku, Mandaue City


National Shrine of St. Joseph 
Centro, Mandaue City



Other practices observed by Catholics during Lenten Season includes:
- praying the Way of the Cross
- abstaining from eating red meat
- fasting from food or vices
- joining a retreat or recollection
- receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- cooking and eating "Benignit" especially on Good Friday


I really had a very meaningful observance of the Holy Week this year.
It was filled with prayer and a whole lot of realizations about life at large.
God is always good! :) 
(The best even!)


I hope you enjoyed your Holy Week 2014 too.

See you, guys, on the next posts!
YOLO Responsibly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment